View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclemeaty View Post
Yes. The factory HU on the base model is absolute garbaaage. I had it running a loc to an amp and it totally sucked while I waited for my replacement. I have an Osciloscope and can tell you the stock hu will clip at 2/3 volume.
Not true, if he does it right and uses something better than a LOC like the mtx re-q 5. This will clean his signal and flat line it before going to his new amps. I have done this many times with other systems and they sound great. OP do it right and get something better than the cheap LOC's from bestbuy. The JL clean sweep is good as well BUT one big draw back to that is that you have to mount a volume knob somewhere and use that. Which is stupid.

Of course notihg will beat the quality of a new head unit outputting a signal. But to me 2 12's in a z is stupid to begin with.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote