View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
msb3079
Base Member

Drives: 12 Touring Sport 6MT
msb3079 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to msb3079
Default Unusual problem with Bose system

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has experienced similar.

I got a leftover Touring Sport Z with about 3,500 miles on it. Right after I got it, I noticed the driver rear speaker sounded blown. I took it in, they replaced it. Right away I could tell it was not fixed. The mechanic said he swore it was replaced and sounded fine... I didn't believe him, now I do.

They replaced the speaker 1 or 2 more times (I honestly forget). Then they replaced the amp. And now finally, they replaced the head unit. The manager was very excited that it was all finally working correctly.. he brought me in the shop to confirm and yes, for the first time in 6 weeks of owning the car - all the speakers worked.

We thought everything was fixed... I left and went on my way. I even double checked again by localizing the sound to that specific speaker - it worked.
Half way home... THE SAME SPEAKER went bad again. Sounds blown. EVERYTHING has been replaced. The speaker (more than once), the amp and the head unit. Only thing left is the wiring. I'm thinking theres an issue with the wire going to that speaker causing a short of some sort?

He told me he might have to have a tech from Nissan come out to see the are. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas?

Thanks.
msb3079 is offline   Reply With Quote