View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 05:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WShade View Post
Exactly. If the mirrors are adjusted properly you will have no blind spot issues. All vehicles to my immediate left and right transition from my rear view to my side view and with larger vehicles I can see them in both simultaneously.
Wshade is spot on. What I initially thought was a blind spot problem when I got the car quickly became a non-issue.

I strongly considered the convex side mirrors but dumped the idea in a week once I got used to using my side mirrors differently. You essentially use the inside rearview mirror for all vision behind the vehicle. Then you set up each outside mirror to allow you to see your blind spot. When they are properly positioned, you'll see a car approaching from behind in the center rearview, then as you lose view in the center mirror, the respective side mirror will pick it up and you'll see it there until it's past you.

The key is that the side mirrors have to be adjusted 'outwards' much further than you would on a regular car. Thus, you can't see the rearquarter of the car at all. You'll quickly adapt to the new setup and you'll see that a head turn to check the blindspot will be unnecessary from now on.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote