View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #106 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pitbulls View Post
hello crist//370 i just got a nismo,i'm also in the proccess of moding it and like most of u i want to find out as much possible info before ordering parts///my question is should i go for hps pipes with k&n drop in filters or get injen cold intakes? berks or test pipes? and last my nismo comes with a h configuration pipe not a y. would a y like the one you have be able to fit and would it even give more low to mid hp/torque by the way thats what i'm looking for as far as gains in the rpm ///any help would be appreciated from you or anyone else thankkkkss great job on your 370z sounds great by the way///
Thanks for the kind words! To answer your questions, I will go in order of what you asked:

1) Out of those intakes, the Injen is by far and away the best choice. I personally have the Stillen G3 intakes but the Stillen and Injen intakes are the best for this car in terms of power gain by a good margin.

2) I would get Berk High Flow Cats because you get less rasp in the exhaust, the car's exhaust doesn't stink, and you aren't losing much power over test pipes. Also, you have less chance of throwing a check engine light with the cats. Plus, it is better for the environment in terms of emissions.

3) You cannot fit a Y pipe unless you get a completely new cat-back system. The stock catalytic converters are the most restrictive part of the stock exhaust system so those make a huge difference if you go for high flow cats.
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote