View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
i look at it like this. the z is now an icon for nissian if it wasn't an important
part of the company they never would have re done the 370..

there is a market for a 35 to 45 grand two seater and nissan imho owns it..

the same way chevy has kept the vette around for over 50 years its part of their brand....

if chevy can make a 450-500 hp car... the next z has to have at least 375-400 hp. if for no other reason to keep the 5.0 and camaro in site...

imo right know in the US those cars set the bar
/\ I agree with this. The Z is an iconic car for nissan going back to 1969. It's their affordable sports car. I don't see it going away, but I think we'll def see some sort of hybrid type drive in it at some point, perhaps as early as the Z35, ie. DI w/brake energy regeneration, mild hybrid type drive assist.

I'd love to see a 3.0 DI turbo w/brake force energy regeneration (or whatever it's called) making 400hp in the next Z, but we'll see.

Nissan won't put a v8 in the Z b/c it's traditionally always been a 6 banger. Same reason that the GTR won't see one eithter, it's always been a 6 or turbo 6 banger. Not too mention that the v8 is going the way of the dodo bird with increasing fuel efficiency standards all around.

MC can probably elaborate, but the racing GTR's that currently utilize a v8 are doing so either to accomodate the racing body rulebook or b/c an N/A motor is more reliable in endurance racing events.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote