View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Got my Stoptech front slotted rotors today. You can really appreciate just how damn big the rotors on our cars are once you are holding them in your hands ... just massive. The Stoptech rotors are crazy heavy @ 25+ pounds, I've got to imagine that the stock ones weight about the same. Looks like 2-piece will definitely be the way to go long term to save on unsprung weight.

I'll be installing these on Saturday so I'll have some pics and more accurate weight measurements then.
I have the slotted and drilled Stoptechs, yes they are heavy, but hopefully that means strong and durable :-) I will definitely upgrade to a 2 piece when the time comes, saving a little rotating mass here with definitely help improve acceleration and suspension performance. Lighter wheels and lighter rotors can make a big difference.
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote