View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
chuckd05
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No longer a Z
chuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nice

Import, Ive read over all your threads, some redundant and all they do is pick apart the apparent " flaws " of this car that a few forum members post about. You stir the pot and act like you know about the car.

Your trans am is also a disgusting car IMO and I wouldn't take it for free. The fact the clutch felt better to you is prob because it was YOUR car and its what YOU are used to, just like we like the 370z stuff.

IMO you come on here acting like a know it all and I really never get like this but you and your threads/posts just rub me the wrong way. Its amazing that you consider this car at all because almost every thread and post you make you put ur trans am on a pedestal and act like its better than the Z ...

I will guarantee put a pro driver in the 370 and in your trans am and the Z will absolutely demolish the trans am around a road coarse ... Of coarse if you throw cams + bolt ons to a big v8 it will make power but with that power do you get anything else ?

On another note my car has a intakes, test pipes , exhaust , a tune, OIL COOLER , springs, etc and my car was just in for warranty work and they actually complimented me for getting an oil cooler. Nissan is well aware the motor runs hot and will not void your warranty for it. If you blow a hose off your cooler, leak all your oil and continue to beat the piss out of you car, yea it can get voided, IF they know that happened. Thats about it.

The Z will also beat every single SRT 8 out in the 1/4 stock IF driven correctly and be right there with SS's and GT's. And lets not forget the Z came out first BEFORE the 5.0, it laughs at 09 GT's by a significant margain in every aspect imaginable. Some test only show the 5.0 13.1-13.0 but I do agree they are faster/more capable 1/4 mile cars ... When I ran my 12.9 there was a camaro SS with Long Tubes and a flash and he did no better than 13.0 in his Auto...

Jnaut went 12.3 with bolt ons and a good launch... how many SS camaros run 12.3 ? Not as many as you think. The Z will run circles around the z4 and regular caymen, caymen S is a fine machine but way more money and is worthy of its price tag.

But out of all those cars I still take the Z ...

also MANY corvette guys have driven Z's and actually had more "fun" in the Z ... straight line acceleration is just one aspect of a car. The car handles phenomenal, I drive the e92 m3 when ever I can get my buddy to swap our cars for a few hours and our car is 85% of that car, and dare I say this because there will be nay sayers, but on a private road by us , me and him went at it several times, once to a VERY high speed and EVERY SINGLE TIME the outcome was within a few feet of each other either way. 6m e92 M3 ... and that car is used as a benchmark for track beasts and my buddy litteraly sweats that my Z feels as good as it does. The Z is absolutely no slouch and out of all those cars looks as nice as any of them except the M ...

Last edited by chuckd05; 11-10-2010 at 12:58 PM.