View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
I went 12.9 on a 6m with intake test pipe exhaust... car is not slow and the steering is far from numb .... this coming from a 2002 g20 driver and not a 370z owner is a bit ridiculous... The clutch is fine for a stock car and is very forgiving...

you say it handles well than you say the steering is numb ...

the power the car has is more than fine, it is as fast or faster than a e46 m3, my buddy has a e92 M3 and drives my car and loves it.. he rants and raves at how good it feels for basically half the cost of his car..

They " overheat " on the track without an oil cooler. But if you go to the track you know it costs money and the first thing you would do is add an oil cooler and its a non issue...

im just saying...

Yes, it has great grip. The steering felt a bit insulated to me, though. My Trans Ams had better feed-back. The clutch wasn't nearly as good as my Trans Am's regarding feedback/engaugement point.

I agree, it is on par with the E46 for speed, but the E46 engine is a masterpiece and I love the way they feel. The VQ is an aging design.

Oh, the oil-cooler voids the warranty on the engine, just so you know.

The 370Z is almost where my F-body was a decade ago, power-wise. It isn't a slow car, but it is not in line with its competators unless you are comparing it to 4-cylinder cars or Kia's. It's definitely meant for corners, not straight-line. If you understand/accept this, it will fulfill your expectations nicely, I think.

If you are used to the interior on your M3, the Z is a good choice, though. It has a very nice interior. The best I have seen/felt in its price range, easily.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 11-10-2010 at 05:21 AM.