View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

bigaudiofanat, I have never told you this, but when it comes to audio I consider you to be my personal spirit guide. You have saved me a lot of grief in the short time I have been on this forum. So when you speak I definitely listen (wait for it......) BUT (you just knew it was coming, didn't you?) in my case I called Crutchfield told them EXACTLY which system I had (base, base, base, non-Bose, no SAT button)-"NOT A PROBLEM, WE GOT JUST WHAT YOU NEED!" Well after tearing the dash open and MANY calls to tech support AND the factory, the factory guy says "You gotta have a SAT button on the Z". Crutchfield accepted the return with a smile-no problem. Frustrated, I kept looking and found the same unit from another vendor that headlined the page "No SAT button needed ipod/phone interface". Seems like the SAME EXACT unit! What gives? Same brand, same part number, I think, maybe they revised it, but if you read ALL of the details it says SAT button required for Nissan 370Z 2009-2010. There are some applications where a SAT button is not needed but apparently the 370Z with the base HU is not one of them. If there is a unit (this one or some other one) that will work I would be very interested in hearing more. I'm hoping that, once again, you know something I don't.

Last edited by Guard Dad; 11-10-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Guard Dad is offline   Reply With Quote