View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzzZz View Post

Why not just remove the 4 bolts at the bottom of the cover. Notice there's that fold/crease about 8 inches up from the bottom? I believe that's what the designers intended that to be.
Removing the 4 bolts doesn't quite give you access to neither oil filter nor drain plug because they are situated a little deeper than that . I'm sure you can try and do it but if you can buy a motorized screwdriver ($10 shipped EBAY), it makes your life a whole lot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckyduck View Post
Slightly OT, but why not just leave the entire cover off? Wouldn't this provide some air flow for cooling? Or does the plastic cover provide aerodynamic functionality? It seems to me that manufacturers are adding more and more plastic covers both above and below the engine bay these days...
I believe Nissan uses this cover to prevent road debris, big rocks etc from hitting the bottom part of your Z and causing damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_Asiatik View Post
just wanted to verify
redline oil has ester? just wanted to know because i was going to go with motul but redline is cheaper also
part number for filter mag is SS250?
thank you
You can go with either one. If you track/race your car every weekend, I suggest you to go with Motul. If you drive like a granpa (like me ), then go with redline. They are both group 5 synthetic which is ester based. You're correct on the part number if using K&N filter. K&N filter has a 2.69" diameter which falls into SS250 range and it fits perfect. (SS250 filtermag range 2.50"-2.75") For different diameters, they have different SS models. Hope this helps.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote