Thread: COD Black Ops
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Anatoray
Track Member

Drives: 09 BLK 370Z
Anatoray is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
I will have to disagree with you on that... The character and object models in a platform system have grown leaps and bounds over PC in the past several years. Mainly due to the higher budget allocated to a platform division of a game. this is in direct correlation to the amount of game purchases on that platform i.e. more people by the Xbox and PS3 versions than the PC versions... Why do you think all the PC guys b!tch and complain about missing features, latency issues with servers, and quality of the visuals.... there is more moeny to be made in the platform business than the pc business PERIOD...

BTW Xiven when you gonna come over and play? lol you know how its gonna end... you crying to your gf and me stealing your snowboards! and the new smith's you bought to copy me
When they complain about poor visuals, they're complaining that the visuals are being "dumbed down" to the console standards and not utilizing the PC capabilities.

Every game I've played on a console and the PC has had vastly better visuals on a decent computer built last year.

Missing features too is also the result of standardization for consoles. I don't know the details of it, but I know MW2 caused a huge fuss over the way multiplayer was handled, and then there's the fact that maps stopped being free lol.

As for more money in the console business, did I ever bring up money? Of course there's more money to be made in the console business. PC gaming is more complicated, and the average joe doesn't want to put up with it. These days though, the PC versions can also be seen as a "free" version, since the games are developed on PCs anyways.
Anatoray is offline   Reply With Quote