View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #64 (permalink)
Diversion
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Silver/Persi
Diversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Diversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
A few quick questions:
~How did you remove the 370Z?
~Pressure when applying the new letters? Hold your hand on top for any time with X amount of pressure?
Honestly my 370Z lettering was easy enough to just grab from the tops and bottoms of the lettering and pry upwards and downwards with my bare fingers! They just peeled off like that.. I then used Goo Gone (adhesive remover) to get rid of the remaining adhesive from the paint. Then I took regular Isopropyl rubbing alcohol and cleaned the surface very well.. But don't rub too hard while cleaning. Using the rubbing alcohol ensures the new adhesive on the new emblem will stick strongly.

As I was putting each lettering on, you just apply firm pressure on each letter.. I kind of flexed my bumper in certain places from the pressure but no harm done. I figure a few hot days will harden up the adhesive and they will as good as stock again.

As of right now, they are pretty pliable still.. someone could easily rip them off the car.. Hopefully they firm up soon.
Diversion is offline   Reply With Quote