View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
cames4
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Z-Touring Stick
cames4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
If you have a touring, I believe this cover comes with it,
if not, you must purchase it yourself. But depending on what Zenclosure box you have,
this will look really goofy with it and will prolly help accentuate the fact that:

1. You have something done to your car.

2. It's worth 'hiding' = its worth stealing.

Other then that, looks like a big diaphram for your Z. So when you're using your Zenclosures box in the correct manner,
this is just going to act like a big bellows and muffle the sound... is that what you want?
Or would you have it retracted when driving and just 'pull it out' STS when you've parked?

I ordered one from the dealer the day I bought the car. The guy could not find it on the computer until he entered the model as the "touring". I think it was $310 and easily fit into my standard 370Z. You have to put it in at an angle and line up the sliding clips of the roller to link them into the mounting holes. Cover clips into hooks on the hatch. It is great and does not interfere with visual. Keeps the sun from beating down on the rear carpet and hides everything in the storage area. Looks natural walking by so not sure anyone would really think about anything hidden. It is flexable so if something is bulky the cover molds around it when you close the hatch.
cames4 is offline   Reply With Quote