Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #390 (permalink)
IcedZ
Base Member

Drives: 09 370 Yellow, 6MT
IcedZ will become famous soon enough

Sorry it took me so long to post...

I went to the dealership on Monday, 11/1. I let them have the car for the day. I told them there was a serious lack of throttle response at low RPM's, kind of like the car is in 3rd gear, when actually in first. I also made it clear that this happens after an indeterminate amount of time.. sometimes 5 miles, sometimes 10+. The tech wasn't available the instant, so we couldn't go for a ride. They finally ended up calling me back telling me I could take my car back. The report said "checked for codes, none stored. Test drive with no problems. Test drive 2 other like vehicles, normal operation". So I went to the service manager and said if I experience the problem right now, can I bring it back and have the tech ride with me? He said sure, I'll pull him aside immediately. I had to drive almost 16 miles before the problem would show itself. I immediately went back, did NOT turn the car off, and had the tech drive. He said he could feel it (I know I could, even in the passenger seat). He also told me that the other 2 cars that he drove (one '09 identical color, and one '10) he replicated it. But since there aren't any errors, and the multi-point inspection was fine, there "technically" wasn't a problem. And he wouldn't re-write the diagnosis on the report.

Anyway, come today, I finally got a chance to call Nissan consumer affairs (1-800-NISSAN1). He documented my case, and said they were going to contact the dealership that I went to. I told him in detail what the problem was again. He also said they would get back to me in hopefully 1 business day! I will update when I hear back. I will give them until Wednesday afternoon, then I will call them back if I haven't heard from them yet.

ANYWAY... to ALL who are having the problem.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact your dealership to have it documented, then call Nissan consumer affairs. This issue NEEDS to be addressed, and this is the only way to get it done.
IcedZ is offline   Reply With Quote