View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #146 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
bdl99, JeffBlue, there seems to be a very good response for the nav and DVD in motion bypass... can you confirm if this option is available for the group buy? It would make installation much easier for most of us as one install takes care of everything. Thanks.
The camera kit will be ready before the bypass kit for a number of reasons, one being the availability of connectors. I have a small number of the 32pin connectors required for the bypass kit and there are long lead times (I have ordered more but will take at least 2-3 weeks to come from Japan). I already have all the 24pin connectors for camera kits.

Adding the bypass kit later will be very easy and they do plug in to different places so not then end of the world to do separately. I agree there is interest in the bypass kits but also some are very keen to get their hands on the camera kits.

I also want to get some input on what you guys want. On the GT-R I used a remote because I didn't really have anywhere to put the 3 or 4 switches (or didn't want to). I would really like to work with a few of you on the best solution. I see a few potential offerings
1) For those happy to cut and splice wires then I can just write-up a free DIY guide
2) A plug and play harness so no cutting of original wires is required and you use you own switches
3) A plug and play harness with switches
4) A plug and play solution using the remote
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote