View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #109 (permalink)
Fezzik
Base Member

Drives: G37 Vert 6mt White
Fezzik has a spectacular aura aboutFezzik has a spectacular aura about

So I've been trying to figure out why my power steering was groaning a lot. First was a microscopic hole that was in the housing and was allowing air to get sucked in. Sam overnighted a part to me and that fix the biggest issue. Now I was still having a little groaning when turning the wheel. The return line from the pump to the resevoir was a custom cut. Ok I thought maybe its kinked a little. So I took the hose off and cut it shorter to where its got no visible kinks or bends hardly at all. So this helped a lot, but I was getting some groaning still.
I was like great got some problem somewhere. I checked everything; all lines and no leaks what so ever. So i tried different ATF (I orginally used valvoline ATF non synthetic) I made sure I got teh right dextron number each time. Some made it louder, sythetic seamed to make it louder. I was about to give up and decided to try the nissan power steering fluid. Its red and smells like ATF as well. WEll i put that in there and now the p/s is virtually quite now.
DO they do something different to the nissan p/s fluid. I always thought it was ATF? but hey it works.
Fezzik is offline   Reply With Quote