View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

I would really want to know what the "issues" were that gave the car a low rating. For example, my new Z had a faulty tire pressure gage and the hatch does not open on the first try but on the second. The dealer replaced the faulty indicator and Nissan has issued a bulletin on the hatch matter and so that will soon be fixed. Also the amplifier on the radio was not working and so that had to be replaced. That is three problems in the first week but my point is that these are just minor things.. yes they should not have happened but they are really no big deal. Its not like the engine blew or the transmission slipped. Now that these "problems" with the gage have been fixed and the radio and the hatch are soon to be corrected everything will be perfect.

I am very happy with my new Z but unless something really serious happens I can only say there were some minor problems that caused a bit of aggravation but did not seriously detract from the quality of the car.
However if I were surveyed I would have to say I had far more "problems" with this car then with my previous Honda but not knowing the details someone might think this car is junk when in fact the problems were very minor. So all in all I think that without knowing the details of exactly what kinds of problems owners encountered the low rating of the car might give a very false impression.
Of course if the wheels fall off tomorrow.. well then that is another matter but unless that happens I will say the car is of excellent quality but that a little more attention could be given to the small details which can really hurt the image of a really good car.

Last edited by RiCharlie; 11-07-2010 at 02:53 PM.
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote