View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #271 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoopajae10 View Post
I found out that by parking far away or taking up 2 parking lots tend to attract more attention and some actually take it pretty far and vandalize your car.
I always take the parking spot furthest away from the action, but I NEVER take up two spaces. That, to me, represents arrogance, and is taking up a spot that someone else could use, although hardly anyone wants to park way out there anyway. I also snug my Z over as far as possible, leaving as much door swing room between my car and the next parking space, in case someone does want to park there. To me, that's all that I can do to protect my Z.

When I see someone park their special car far away, I see them as as a person who has worked hard to get that car, and is willing to go the extra mile to help keep their car away from door dings, and is willing to walk the distance to do it, and does it in a polite and considerate way to others. I think most people feel the same way and will respect that.

As a matter of fact, I think that people actually enjoy seeing that "nice car" sitting out there, sort of on display. In many cases it gives them a chance to see that special car that they otherwise wouldn't have a chance to see.

Last week, I parked way out, as usual, and when I came out of the store and headed to my Z, I heard two guys commenting on my Z, and one of them said, "hey look, there's a Crossfire too!" Someone had parked their Crossfire right behind my Z. It looked cool to see the two of them sitting out there in the parking lot. I enjoyed seeing that too. Those guys didn't want to harm those cars, they just had a good time looking at them, and I think most people are the same way.

I have found that part of the enjoyment of owning my Z is the pleasure that others get from looking at it.

As for the vandal's, they're going to do their thing no matter where or how we park. They're sick and there's not much anyone can do to protect themselves from that kind of person. But don't dwell on them, most people are good people, just treat them with respect and consideration, and it's likely you'll receive the same back.

Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote