View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #98 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
While I agree with your point about any issue on the trans is scary, for it will cost you an arm and a leg; however, I do not agree with you suggesting GTR's trans is fragile. I personally know few guys who beat the living crap out of their GTR and they've been very reliable cars.

At the same time, maintenance on GTRs in 4 times the cost of 370s.
This is what turns me off. The maintenance costs and any person waiting for the GTR prices to drop so they can afford one will have a very unpleasant surprise waiting for them. Trans + both diff fluid flush will run you $2000. Brakes $4000 +
Tires $1600 + and these cars eat tires because of their weight.
Oil changes are $135 cheapest.
on and on

So once again, anyone waiting for GTR prices to drop, don't overlook the maintenance costs.

And if something breaks engine component/trans, repairs will be in $10,000s
People just need to learn how to do stuff on their own. All those things are very easy to service with some jack stands and a basic set of tools.