Thread: Only in Canada
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyzed View Post
I believe that Nissan Canada has stated pricing between $40K and $44K. Now everybody will own one.
If they are going to price it at 44K its going to be cheaper to go down to the States and pick one up. Our dollar is back on the rise so its gonna be even cheaper. Doesn't Nissan realize that something like 70% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US boarder so they need to keep pricing competitive instead of trying to over charge us here in Canada. That's why a 2007 350Z is $24K and a 2008 is $52K off the lot. I'd say at least 2/3rds of the 350Z for sale here in Canada are from the US - the one for $24K is and I know there is one at one of the dealerships for $29K - a far cry from an 08 at $52K. Right now (aside from the paper work, etc for export) a US 370Z will be $37,400 so $44K is an increase of $6,600 between us. At least throw in the Sports package for that huge price difference.....

I know that Canada is small change for Nissan - we represent the same sales (or slightly less) as the state of California (which makes sense since we have about the same population).

Only question is if Nissan will honor the warranty on a US car here in Canada. As far as I can tell they do.
FricFrac is offline   Reply With Quote