View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #77 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb3079 View Post
"Better" is a long conversation. People feel more safe with the V1. V2 is much easier to do... a simple bolt on. All 4 wheels can be done in less than an hour.

However... with the stock Z wheels... V2 will not work in the front. Definitely not for 15mm spacers. 20mm spacers need a slight mod of the wheel or studs (which I would not recommend) and 25mm is too big for the front. Basically, from my understanding.. V1 is needed for the front. I currently have 15mm V2 on the rear and nothing on the front. 15mm V1 is ordered and I'll probably install them this coming weekend.
At least V1 on the front is easy. V1 on the rear is a bit of a pain, so V2 is a better chose there unless you enjoy disassembling the e-brake assembly. I went for V1 all around because I take the spacers on and off depending on what wheels I'm using that day.