View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #98 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned the HKS valve earlier. I understand probably not wanting to spend more but if you go to a pull type don't go and get some immitation.

Here's how it works. The SSQV is a pull type with 2 valves, one for response and one for high pressure relief.

Under boost (the purple area), the boost is always pushing on the back of the valve keeping it closed. It's impossible to leak since the valve is on the discharge side, not against the charge pipe.

Under light vaccuum/low boost operation the small valve in the ceter will actuate giving you a senstive small type valve.

Under high vaccuum/boost the largerand smaller valve will open together.

If I remeber these are rated around 500HP applications for one. They make different fittings for sound and recirculation. On the older post I also linked Turbosmart who makes lots of adapters. The push type you got work good too if you can size and spring it right, so not trying to knock your choice at all. I just found the HKS was always the least hassle on my turbo cars. Hope that helps if you decide to go that way. Good luck. Bad *** set up
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote