View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
jakoye
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
jakoye is on a distinguished road

Ah, man. I feel ya! I'm sittin' here, toolin' around in my Mustang, dreaming of owning a Z. And I like my Mustang. I like it a lot. 45K miles now and not one single problem. And the rumble of that V8 when you start it up... it curls your toes! (helped by the addition of an FRP axle-back exhaust!)

So I guess my situation is a little different than yours in that I have a reliable car now and you don't. But we're facing the same circumstances in that it would be a bit of a financial stretch to buy a new car at this particular time (evil, thy name is "woman"!).

So I'm gonna have to go with the fuddy-duddies here and recommend that you wait until you've been in your job for a year or so and are more financially stable. It's kind of like when you sit down at the poker table: if you're worried about losing the money you sit down with, then you won't be playing at your best. As well, if you're worried about the insurance and all that, I'd just wait until that's not even a concern.

In my heart of hearts, I'd say "go for it!", cause life is short and we wants it, the precious! But the rational part of the brain is usually correct and it says to wait.

Sigh...

Last edited by jakoye; 11-05-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: grammar police
jakoye is offline   Reply With Quote