View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
caneman88
Base Member

Drives: PG 370Z,M-35,F150
caneman88 is a splendid one to beholdcaneman88 is a splendid one to beholdcaneman88 is a splendid one to beholdcaneman88 is a splendid one to beholdcaneman88 is a splendid one to beholdcaneman88 is a splendid one to beholdcaneman88 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to caneman88

What did u do to make the rear fog functional any pics I would like to do something with mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
This is the location for the rear fog light which is required in many locations in the world (Japan, Europe, Canada, etc) designed to alert drivers approaching a car from the rear in foggy/low visibility conditions.

As far as I know, rear fog lights such as this are not "illegal" in the U.S. but apparently, the requirements for the U.S. Vs other countries are not compatable with the location/height, etc of the light on the Z; so, Nissan just puts a dummy/non-functional assembly in the spot (rather than completely re-design the rear bumper cover which, of course, adds a good deal of cost).

There are several threads on this that you might want to check including this one...

F1 Style Rear Blinker

I recently completed the work required to make my rear fog functional but there are many possibilities for this using this area.