View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
samb03
Base Member

Drives: Black Cherry Sport
samb03 is on a distinguished road
Default New here and looking hard

I currently have a 95 240sx w/ a 375hp chevy 350 in it. It keeps over heating. I got a fan shroud built for it but that was after I blew a head gasket in the 600mile motor (Idleing to charge the battery and got to talking with a neighbor). I got a new job in August that is a pretty good pay jump for me 70-100K a year. It is commision based in the oil field so it just depend on the how busy I am.

With winter setting in I don't feel like riding all winter long on my bike (07 Kawi ninja zx-10r). I have 35 mile one way commute. I have done it before but not looking forward to doing this year.

I have a couple otions.1. pull the heads and see it they are warped/cracked. If good new gaskets and hope the shroud cools it down. 2. order new heads for a grand install them and see if the old ones are good/bad later still just hoping that the car is reliable after the fix. 3. Take a car payment and get the 370Z now that I was planning on paying cash for in 6-8 months. Right now I can put down a bout 8K.

I have friend that is a tech at a Nissan dealer. A saleman owns him a favor or two and quoted a new Nismo for 35-36. He was just ball parking it and will have to crunch numbers when the time comes. Said that I could get one cheaper if I was willing to take an executive demo.

I still have to call the insurance company to get a quote to see if I am willing to pay their rates. 29 single/ no kids/ spotless driving record with no claims. I know it won't be cheap but I don't want to pay 4 grand a year just to hope I never have to use it.
samb03 is offline   Reply With Quote