View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztoon View Post
Replace your fuel cap? Good one! Obviously very highly trained tech wizards!
LOL I was the one who ran the ODB II scan when my CEL came on, then after searching on the forum I came to realize that the most common problem in my position was a gas cap not being tightened enough. But then as I inspected it I noticed the defect on the O ring, it was pinched weird in the end of the cap!

Then at the dealership they then went on trying to test the evap system among what ever else they thought could be worng. At the end of the day 3 phone calls later they say they are just going to replace the cap..............since then no problems and there was no problem with the O ring on the cap!

However you are right, there's only 2 techs out of the 8 that work at my dealership I even trust to work on my Z (and other nissans) Lucky for me one of the guys is a buddy from high school I have known for 10+ years