View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
PrObLy
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MB M6
PrObLy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
Has anyone else tried the Turtle Ice yet
I bought the Turtle Ice clay bar and the "liquid polish" (which I don't believe is a polish, but rather a liquid wax or sealant) since they were on sale B1G1 at Pep Boys.

I bought them for my daily driver, a '94 Buick Regal GS coupe (hey, don't call it a beater!) because it has a lot of rubber molding and plastic trim. The ICE product is supposed to not leave any white residue or crud on the plastic and rubber.

The clay bar system worked well...it came with a "liquid clay" to treat your car with before actually claying. This removes any sap, tar, bugs, etc. And then the usual 100g clay bar and lubricant.

The liquid polish/wax/whatever was extremely easy to apply...and it barely took any to cover the car. I'd say there's enough in the bottle for 15+ coatings. True to their word, it left zero residue on the plastics and rubbers and the wax buffed off the rest of the car with ease.

The finished product looked nice. Not mind blowing nor ultra wet...but certainly much better than it had looked prior to the application. As for durability...my car is parked outside all the time and subjected to the always changing Chicago climate. After two weeks, I gave her a wash. The water didn't bead off quite as well as I was hoping, but the car still washed up extremely well and maintained a very nice shine when dried.

I'd definitely recommend the ICE for a daily driver or a car with a lot of rubber and plastic trim. It was extremely easy and quick to apply; however, I don't think I'll be using it on my Z.
PrObLy is offline   Reply With Quote