View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #81 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Did some searching:

Nismo:
245/40YR19 (front) and 285/35YR19 (rear) Yokohama® ADVAN Sport® high-performance tires

Sports Package:
245/40WR19 (front) and 275/35WR19 (rear) Bridgestone® Potenza® high-performance tires

Base:
225/50WR18 (front) and 245/45WR18 (rear) Yokohama® ADVAN Sport® high-performance tires

Nissan's logic doesn't seem to correspond that the Yoko Advan's are the better tire. Otherwise, why would they put them on the model more likely to see a track.

My next set will likely be RE11's.
How do you figure that? Stock tire choice is largely based on profit margin and advertising agreements. The RE11's would come on stock Z's if it was about performance-- they cost barely more than the RE050a's, which are an awful tire, especially for the price. The pole positions are maybe comparable to the Advans, but not the a's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninous26 View Post
No offense, I don't even know you but that sounds SO retardly ghetto and cheap.
1-- not saying I would do it. I think all the sport package parts are too much of a compromise, and simply not worth it. If I'm hitting a point where the base brakes don't cut it, the Akebono's probably won't cut it either. I don't spend much time shedding tons of speed with the Z. Rims are OK. I've got some sport rims for sale if anyone wants them, lol. VLSD sucks for any situation you need an LSD.

2-- Since when is modding your car ghetto and cheap? If I can put together something better than the factory can cheaper, you bet I'm going to. Not because I can't afford it, because I can. I continue to be able to pay cash for all my vehicles because I refuse to allow myself to be ripped off by a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninous26 View Post
You can't be more right about this post. The whole paycheck to paycheck~30k millionaire comes to mind.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote