View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
Darkaeon
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Silver/AT
Darkaeon is on a distinguished road

The claims of Royal Purple being one of the worst oils you can buy are a bit extreme! The article that you linked simply shows that in the test that was conducted Royal Purple did not display any signifigant differences from the other oil it was tested against. Never did they say that it was a bad oil or bad for your vehicle, they only said that many of it's claims were not up to par. It is still a solid oil choice and I've had great results with it in my previous vehicle, so based on my personal preference I say if you are willing to pay for it, use it! But with that in mind going the advantages of Royal Purple are not that signifigant enough that would make it really worth using over another high quality synthetic like Penzoil Platinum. To each his own tho!

I actually JUST got back from getting my oil changed and I used Royal Purple this time! (3k miles oil change) I have a 1500 mile Road trip I'll be making over this weekend and plan to see how things turn out for me with the Royal purple. Next oil change I will be going with the Penzoil Platinum to see how it works out for me as well, and will then be basing my long term oil choice off my own personal experiences after trying both oils in my Z. Thats the only real way to determine whats gonna work for you!
Darkaeon is offline   Reply With Quote