View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
meleazar
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z AT
meleazar is on a distinguished road

"Misery loves Company" It actually might be a characteristic of the car. I have about 16,000 miles on it and the jerk is still there. I actually remembered that first jerk coming out of the dealership's parking lot. I was hoping that with a little wear and tear, this issue would eventually disappear. I know some say that they don't experience this jerk and others do. As WSTAR mentions, I do feel the jerk between 2nd & 1st mainly when I do slow decelererations, but if I pound on the brake, the jerking pretty much becomes non-existent. The thing that somewhat bugs me is that it doesn't always happen. Shifting D to M makes this jerk even more prominent, so I end up just upshifting with M and then I switch it to D for auto-downshifting. I actually flipped my first 370. God rest her soul She also had this downshift jerk issue between 1&2. Well anyway, thanks to Insurance and knowing that the safety features work well, I just had to get another one. This car is like a drug. To be honest, I think these cars were made to be driven hard. A very good buy for the specs and the price. I just hope these jerking issues we are experiencing though doesn't force us to replace our transmissions every few years. (fingers crossed)
meleazar is offline   Reply With Quote