View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
When I first drove the Z, it did not fit my image of a sports car entirely. It looked like a sports car, but felt somewhat big and heavy. While I heard every bump I didn't necessarily feel them. Instead of a high revving scream, the engine growled like a, well, a V6.

Shortly after I bought it, a bunch of threads popped up here comparing the Z to muscle cars (the Mustang most frequently). Forum members started to leave the ranks for American V8s, magazine articles started to appear comparing sports to muscle, and Youtube almost shut down because of the number of comparison videos being uploaded (I may have made that part up). Whenever the comparison between American muscle and Z's came up, there were bitter arguments about whether the cars are in the same category.

To simplify things, I suggest that the Z be put into a new category of cars: Spouscle Cars (it sounds better than Murts Cars). This would be reserved for sports cars with attention to power. The criteria:
2 seats
300+ HP
Wheels at least 18"
No V8 - V6, 4 cyl, FI, pedals, anything but V8

My question to you, fellow and fellete Z cult members is, what do you think, and what else fits into the Spouscle Car category?

I suspect the Z will reign supreme in this category, and that I will somehow become famous for setting this trend. I can already imagine the headlines: "ProfessorDave settles the score!" "No more silly Mustang comparisons!" "Is ProfessorDave the Stig?" and "ProfessorDave caught in love triangle with Carmen Electra and Scarlett Johansohn!"
No, the 370Z doesn't have enough power to be considered muscle. It has great handling, though, and a wonderful suspension with a driver-oriented interior. It's a pure sports car.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote