View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #31 (permalink)
nogoodname
Lifetime Premium

Drives: E46 M3
nogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, engine sludge sucks big time........ ever saw the Castrol commercial with the oil falling on a person...... that's what you got

Castrol seems pretty good, i never had a problem with it.

lol......reminds of what i did...... one day i decided that no more maintenance or repairs on my grand-am...it took like 25K km to turn regular Castrol oil into foam... then it went to the scarp yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Your oil has broken down(some kind of black power on the dipstick), "it's no good"! Get it out as soon as possible>preferably don't drive it, until after you change the oil!
Now for the bad news! That crap on your dip stick, is still in your engine . After you change your oil&filter, to a good synthetic. Drive a 1000, 2000 miles,"do not go the recommended 6000 or more miles"! At 1 or 2K, change your oil&filter again. You need to get the crap from the old oil, out of your engine.
nogoodname is offline   Reply With Quote