Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

Well here is the report on the noise reduction efforts of yesterday. It added fifty pounds to the car and lightened my wallet by $800 and as far as I can see did nothing.. absolutely a waste of time and money..
I have to believe the material did something but the result was nothing I could detect.

I think part of the problem is that the noise is a bit hard for me to accept coming off a Honda accord, but I am getting used to it. It did not help that the first day I had it we took a trip to Cape Cod and met with several miles of really noisy surface highway.. that is like riding on a washboard and so things got off to a bad start with my wife the very first day... and this waste of money on sound dampening isnt going to make things better..Next time I am going to change these tires as that is the only reasonable next step.
But with a little getting used to, and accepting the fact my wife has a different view, I am very happy and excited about this car and look forward to many miles of enjoyment. Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited by RiCharlie; 11-02-2010 at 02:31 PM.
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote