View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

I've never owned a Vette but I've driven quite a few in moderate anger to get a feel for them. While the Corvette is a lot faster I'd take the neutral handling of the Z any day, the driver feedback is just so much better. But it depends what you are doing with it, if primarily you cruise and go to the drag strip then the Corvette is a great car. If you are doing track or auto-x then both are fun cars but the Z has better feel.

Here's a little story from this past Sunday. It was the last auto-x of the season, and my buddy with an 08 C6 was struggling all day. Half way through the day he had an ABS issue and retired his car, he spent the rest of the afternoon trying out other vehicles. After trying a few cars he jumped in mine, instantly he was 1.5 seconds faster having never even driven my car before, and for all I know he's never driven a Nissan. We went for another run, this time he was 3 seconds faster than his Vette (track conditions and times hadn't changed since the morning). You could argue that his ABS issue may have been affecting his morning performance, however his results were fairly typical of his normal standings up to that point. Some people can drive the Vette fast at auto-x and on track but you have to develop a bond with the car in order to do this. Not everyone does.