View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZide View Post
Thanks for the review.

To me, 8 grand to get to less than 400whp and have starting/drivability issues is simply unacceptable. More and more it looks like a twin turbo kit is the only way to make reliable and decent power from these cars. It's unfortunate because its more points of failure, more items to maintain, etc.
Actually I think his hp is pretty damn good and I drive a twin turbo. For all my mods I spent over 10k and thats not counting installation cost. Also I am at 460 rwhp 400 tq. So factor in installation cost of about 3k and your at
13k for what, 70 more ponies to the wheel. Thats about a 5k difference. Yea I can get 533 out of my car but thats max boost and I really don't want to run my car that high. So needless to say he has a very nice power increase, that is safe and reliable. It boils down to your goals and I think for 8k it is very acceptable. It just might not be what you want so there for twin turbo should be the route your looking into. I think SC is fast easy and most bang for buck for a quick boost, so please refrain from silly post like that. Especially since the OP is giving a very detailed and honest review and he is happy with the product he recieved. As for the starting issues he gets every once in a while that should be a easy fix, just need to adjust the fuel trim on start up. Sam had to do that for me and took him 5 mins and never had a problem again.

TO OP: Congrats I am glade you are enjoying it and getting out of it what you wanted. Sounds impressive to me and I am glade we got another Stillen kit on the board working. Happy boosting and please keep us up to date as the miles increase. Thank you for the honest review.
Frank

Last edited by toner123; 11-01-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling lol
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote