View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
ninous26
Base Member

Drives: 03 G35 black 5AT
ninous26 is on a distinguished road
Default Yet Another Corvette Thread.

Hey guys, I know this must be getting very repetitvie and annoying seeing all these other threads about different cars but this one is a little different.

After going back and forth between the corvette forum and here, reading, searching, and asking questions. I've come to the conclusion that a used corvette is the better buy in my situation. I hate to say it because I really like the 370z. From when it was just an idea till this date. At the same time though, I always loved the corvette since my brother had 3 C5 vettes.. I just never realized they could be had at this killer price so I never looked into it.

Here's what I concluded:

You can get an LS3 vette (LOW mileage) for around the same price as a brand new Z. LS2 for less than a 370z

Vette is on another level. Its faster, handles just as well and if not better with the Z51 package. Looks very very sexy. The corvette doesn't seem as problematic, I've read that its a very reliable car where there has been rarely any major maintenance needed, just oil changes. The car responds very well to mods no matter which trim you get (LS2, LS3, or LS7 but thats a higher priced Z06).

I love both cars very much.. Only advantage I see with the Z is rarity on the streets.. Oh, and that Syncro Rev Match.. Thats just effin cool.

Unless Nissan comes out with something drastic for the 2012 Z like a "rev up" of some sort, I will be sold on the corvette.

Can anyone give me some better reasons as to why I should stick to the Z? I do race with friends at the drag strip, we do go to twisties and I do participate in drift events with my G.
ninous26 is offline   Reply With Quote