Thread: Road Trip!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

You can't legally drive it across country without a temporary plate. Some states allow you to drive without tags on a new car, others don't.

The constant highway miles aren't the best for break-in but it's ok if you keep changing gears and speed once in a while.

Registration is mostly a paper work formality so in theory you (or someone in Ohio) can register the car in the state without it ever being there. You would have to mail the title, purchase agreement and relevant DMV/RMV form to someone in the state and have them go to the registration office for you.

Sales tax will be the other issue, it is higher in CA than it is in OH and I'm not sure if the dealer in CA will know how to handle that correctly. You might be much better of trying to purchase the car in OH, and then fly over to pick up the car. I nearly bought my car in Maryland and was going to do all the paperwork over the internet and by fax.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote