View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 05:01 AM   #2195 (permalink)
xyz
Base Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G37S 6MT
xyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
So...I read an article where the 370Z with the Stillen kit was tested. Ran mid/high 12's@113 and did 0-60 .2 seconds faster than stock. I did not see that they dyno'ed it.

Can I take this to mean that yes, Stillen has worked out the tune-issues before sending out a press-car, or no, they have not, and work still needs doing?
Not sure if it was the same article, but I read 0-60 in 4.5 secs, and that's 0.7 secs quicker than the stock 370z previously tested by the magazine. 12.8 @ 113 for the quarter mile.

I don't think stillen had tuning problems w/ their press car, just certain ECUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@WheelsDirectOnline.com View Post
Its gotta be the traction, I mean this car has a good amount of torque from factory. I wonder if anyone can find out what size tires and suspension the car was running in the test??
The test car had KW V3 coils, Stillen rear sways, AP racing brakes (6 front 4 rear pistons), and enkei gtc01 19s w/ 10mm wider than stock (255 and 285?) toyo r888 tires.

The article did mention that they "predict better numbers are possible with less camber than what came dialed into the rear of [their] test car".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Z View Post
What article was this?
The one I read is Road and Track, 12/2010 issue.

Last edited by xyz; 11-04-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: fixed 1/4 miles trap speed
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote