View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #79 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednek01 View Post
Here are some pics of my stang (first time using a DSLR so be genle) I was just trying to learn how to use all the settings.

I would take a step back or change the orientation on some of these. It's all about composing an image thats "grounded" when taking pictures or cars. Stick with using Aperture priority (adjust f-stops) and play around with the exposure and white balance. Keep the ISO around 200-600 and mount the camera on a tri-pod. I would leave the in-camera flash off for now & use other light sources that aren't as harsh & diffuse the light. Overall, those are a good start, keep at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Auto is for people who do not know the full functions of your equipment.
I use the Auto all the time as a jumping off point actually. You can use the metadata to adjust from there. There's nothing wrong with using Auto priority, in fact most SLR's are really good at meetering acurately and you can get really nice balanced images with the newer on-camera image processors. Auto is just limiting when you want to create particular mood or composition.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote