Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

Dpeters,

Just checked, Damplifier Pro = Dynamat Extreme. It took me 36 square feet to do the doors and hatch, no surprise that 20 square feet left you a little short. The noise reduction was nice but only made me want more.

I was wondering just how bad the noise from the hatch still was and what I could do about it, so a couple of nights ago I packed the hatch and the passenger footwell with blankets and fabric covered patio chair cushions and then ran some errands.

AND THE ENVELOPE PLEASE! Cushions in the passenger footwell had little if any positive effect. Packing the hatch area made an real difference and this was done with Dynamat Exterme already in place. You still clearly hear the changes in the pavement but the pebbles-on-sheet-metal sound that was so noticeable when stock had diminished enough that it wasn't an issue for me. I also found that I needed to lower the volume on the radio, the quieter interior made the old volume setting seem too loud. Not luxury car stuff but trending in the direction of Grand Tourismo.

The take away for me was that the hatch was still the major noise source and that I should concentrate my efforts, for now, in that area. Since I don't want to drive everywhere with a hatch area loaded with blankets and pillows (what might people think, I'm a little old for sleep overs!) my next move is probably going to be overlaying the Dynamat Extreme with Luxury Liner Pro. As you might guess I'm interested anyone's experiences with Luxury Liner Pro or similar produces.
Guard Dad is offline   Reply With Quote