View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
NISMOFO
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z
NISMOFO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
It's from the NISMO 370Z edition car which I am told is the same thing, not sure though. It did not lower my car at all. It's supposed to lower 15mm (.4") front and back. It seems that on some cars, like mine, it actually lifted the FRONT to 28" matching it with the rears. (OEM height is 27.75" front and 28" rear) Some others did not report that it did this, so I think it's a car tolerence thing. I also noticed when I removed this that the lower shock bracket with the three 14mm bolts can be moved around when loose so that might of been the issue. Not sure.

I would say that these are for someone that does not want to lower the car, but wants a stiff linear spring for street or track use. The car definately handled great.
For the 350Z, I had both sets of Nismo suspensions offerred. I first had the Nismo from the production car (2007-2008) model sold here in the U.S. That too lifted my car roughly 1/4" all around. I had a heavier touring model, and I know the Nismo was not the lightest model. But I believe the Nismo production cars sit higher just because of the body kit...or mainly the front lip. The ride was more firm, but still soft.

Then I switched to the S-tune Nismo and that actually dropped the car a tad bit.....right where I wanted it. It was a much more harsh ride, but I loved it. That is probably what I want to do with this car, but I want to make sure it's S-tune and not off a production car.

I had the shock/spring setup with both sets as well.

I currently have Eibach, and I think I want something stiffer...and actually with maybe less drop.

For only $100 though...this is still really a great deal. I remember paying $450-$500 for my factory Nismo shock/spring setup for the 350Z.

Here are some pics between the two setups I had before. You can see the coils are much tighter on the S-Tune.

Left: 350Z Nismo Production Car (2007-2008)
Right: 350Z Nismo S-Tune

NISMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote