View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice
Exclamation Well what do you know...ZCON 2010 Trophy Received

Exactly 89 days following the event (just a wee bit longer than the promised 3 to 4 weeks ), I received my ZCON 2010 trophy in the mail.

I must say, it's a very nice trophy - it really is; and I'm sure it wasn't inexpensive. Under any normal circumstances I'd be very proud to have it.

But; these aren't normal circumstances and I'm not proud to have it - not after all that's transpired. I also didn't ever expect to have it!

You see...on September 30th, I told ZCCA to keep my trophy. I was very serious and, silly me, assumed they would actually comply with my request but apparently they didn't take me seriously and a month later, sent it to me anyway.

I could just throw it away I suppose or I could send it back (but I hate to wast good money on postage). It would have been nice to have had it with me at other events I was in during the summer but it's too late for that of course...the real irony is that tomorrow morning, I will be turning in the vehicle that won the trophy, my Black Cherry roadster, and picking up a new vehicle. Perhaps even more ironic is that had I not delayed turning in my roadster by a week the car would already be gone.

I suppose I should be thankful that the car and the trophy were at least in proximity to each other for a few hours before being forever separated.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 10-28-2010 at 10:45 PM.