View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default Front end clunking

The last week or so I've been noticing a clunking noise from the front end when I go over uneven bumps (potholes, raised cracks in the pavement of my parking lot, etc). It sounds like something in the front end is loose and clunking a few times after hitting the uneven surface. The best description would be pulling on the lower edge of the front license plate holder and then letting go (a rapid THUD, Thud, thud decrescendo). However, I haven't been able to localize it. All the suspension components are solid when I remove the front wheels. I suppose Saturday I'll take the undertray off and inspect there as well. My sway bar bushing probably need some grease, but I wouldn't expect them to make a clunking. Everything is fine when I'm driving on smoother terrain and the handling/steering is still spot on perfect.

Any ideas though?

***Answer: Sway Bar Bushings. Lubed and noise is gone.

Last edited by spearfish25; 11-06-2010 at 08:21 AM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote