View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute
Default more opinions on tire roar

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring: Not for Touring | Long-Term Road Tests Blog on Edmunds' Inside Line

Quote:
It's the tire roar. It's bad enough when you're driving on asphalt, but the grooved concrete of freeways in Southern California really makes this car a penalty box on any kind of real trip. And it's not the tires themselves; it's the lack of acoustic refinement from the car. It makes the 370Z seem like a cross between a dump truck and a National Guard Humvee. As near as I can remember it, the 350Z was a whisper-quiet limousine in comparison.
curious to know what their tolerance for noise is. but regardless, is tire roar something you can help by getting a different set of tires? i know i've read threads before about spraying liners and what-not, but they don't see too effective.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote