View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Car salesmen have always baffled me. I've seen both sides of it. I've walked into the Audi dealerships and had them ignore me since I'm 'only' 28 and young appearing. On the flip side, one Nissan dealer I visited during my purchase of my 370Z saw my hospital ID in my old car when they were inspecting it. The remainder of the discussion with them focused on the fact I'm a doctor. I finally had to find another Nissan dealer since the GM at the first one during the price discussion actually said "oh come on....YOU'RE A DOCTOR!!!" I almost threw up on him on my way out the door to the next Nissan dealer. Most salesmen I've met just don't get what it takes to be personable and sell a car.

On a side note, I tried to test drive a Genesis 3.6 Coupe with a friend and they told us "no". Apparently the car had 300mi on it already and they were only giving test drives to 'serious buyers'. I told them 1) serious buyers don't buy cars they haven't driven, 2) that car got 300mi on it somehow, and it probably wasn't from sitting on the lot, and 3) if they are selling them so fast, why does it have 300mi on it??? Instead we drove the Genesis V8 sedan which I was incredibly impressed with and left the dealer.

Last edited by spearfish25; 05-26-2009 at 09:21 AM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote