View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #62 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I don't like T-tops. I know lots of people that don't like them, either. None of them are 15, and neither am I.

T-tops: Just another thing to leak/lessen structural rigidity/rattle/require $1K in new seals/James Bond into the road at 70mph when your buddy pulls the lever after you forgot to lock it, etc. etc. etc.

All for what? Because you didn't pony up and buy the 'vert when you wanted open-air experience?

No thankyou. I am a fan of hard-tops and 'verts (although I don't like 'verts, they serve a large market of people who do).
Your conclusion is incorrect. I walked in to buy a TT convertible. The 1994-95 300ZX TT was not offered in a rag top. The T Tops seemed standard, as everyone I test drove had them. By buying the TT you were "ponying" up for the most expensive model Nissan made. HICAS may have only come with turbo too. The choice I had was standard convertible or twin turbo. I chose the later in 1995. T tops are a great compromise between rag top shortcomings and hard top practicality.

Did anyone ever have leaky T Tops on their 300's?
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote