View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

As far as the buffing is concerned, i try to not rub the paint too much or with any kind of force unless the paint is absolutely contaminate free (just clayed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCarMan View Post
With my clear bra (Ventureshield) I don't use the McGuires QD until after I've waxed the car. You should wax the clear bra just like you would the rest of the car and then when you apply the QD it will work fine. If you don't want to wax the clear bra then I would recommend using Plexus which was made for Ventureshield to clean it and it will shine up just fine.
The Clear bra has wolfgang sealant on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You should not have to buff the quick detailer a lot. I don't have to buff mine AT ALL. One thing that will happen if you use QD's all the time is a build up of product. When was the last time you POLISHED your paint?
This makes sense. i haven't polished the car since i had it detailed the day after i bought it. they clayed, polished the whole car and did the clear bra, then applied wolfgang paint sealant, which they said should last me a few months (detail was done in may)

i haven't polished the car since then because i haven't done a full detail. i figured i would detail it before winter and then apply a fresh layer of sealant to help protect the paint from all the salt and grime it would be subjected too, despite being frequently washed during the winter. i awas under the impression that i should have a contaminate free surface, ie have clayed the car/area, before any kind of polish is applied in order to avoid grinding any of those contaminates into the paint. if i am mistaken, i wouldn't mind polishing the car periodically and applying some more sealant without claying. is my understanding correct or am i mistaken? I appreciate your input!
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote