View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
calimr
Base Member

Drives: 88 bmw 325is spec
calimr is on a distinguished road
Default Touring/sport or base?

Hi all, just test drove the touring convertible (only manual convertible they had on the lot) and I am probably going to buy one. They are doing a deal on the 2010s, about 500 under invoice before haggling, but they are going to have to do a lot better than that or I will just wait for a 2011 and only pay 500 more.

Question: is it worth getting the touring and sport packages? Honestly, I have no interest at all in the touring package, so it is basically an expensive sport package with a bunch of junk I rather it not have in the first place (heated seats in CA rofl). Does the diff and brakes make that big a difference? Rev matching is interesting but I race an 88 bmw that doesn't even have syncros anymore so I don't really care about it, I don't like large rims, and the spoilers are not really my thing either, so the diff and brakes are really the only bonuses on the expensive combined package.

Also, is there any way to change the way the clutch engages? I hate it, but love everything else about the car (well maybe not the trunk either lol). I have a race clutch in my track car and ran modified lines and stuff in my old Evo that helped, is there anything similar that can be done here?

Thanks all
calimr is offline   Reply With Quote