View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
Well, gentlemen, as most of you know, i've been a slave to uncle sam for many years now and i've yet again signed 4 more years of my life away (no biggie, i'll be retiring at 37, woot.) Anyways, this has paved the way for this sucker to receive a rather large sum of money, $15,000 after taxes. So here is my predicament, I'm getting stationed in Kaiserslautern, Germany next July. And the Stang in its current state, is almost too fast for most regular folk, however, I'm not regular folk, I want more juice. Its been a goal of mine since I bought the car, to add a blower and take it to a minimum of 500whp, I think that would satisfy my DD struttin around town needs.

Now onto the problem... Europe has VERY strict emission laws, i'm talkin California strict. Now, for me, this isnt a problem, because all I would have to do is order a kit, and have it shipped by the Army with my household goods and install it once I have my car registered there. But today a coworker brought up a good point. Once I get there, register my car and install the supercharger, what happens if or when an issue may arise pertaining to the system? Being in Europe and having a car issue is going to be a huuuge headache, especially since it'll be my only car. I have the funds now to build the car i've always wanted, but little crap like this bothers me, what do yall think?
Buy a Porsche