View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwebs View Post
Okay but the factory doesn't have magic powers to cool an engine, so if a stock vehicle has turbos it has those same issues as ours when you add FI to it. So either our cooling options are relatively poor or it's overkill...and I don't remember the GT-R having a "nascar sized oil cooler"...

...that's what I'm not understanding. If I go FI it's going to be for the track, and if I have to mod the pants off of my car to do it I'm getting rid of it and getting a used GT3 or GT-R....
The GTR was designed from the beginning for FI. Compression ratios, internal parts, cooling system, everything is designed from the get go to work together. Its definitely not the same as adding it to a non FI car.

I had to de-supercharge my C6 for the exact same reasons once I tried tracking it, it just couldn't keep the oil cool enough.

If you really want FI for the track and are going to get another car, that white one in modified magazine is for sale, and for a lot less than a used GT3 or GTR, and its a fully sorted track car.